Fashion Public Relations refers to publicity for fashion brands, designers or fashion shops. PR Professionals work in a wide range of industries. Whereas some represent a variety of companies across a range of areas others are more specific to one industry eg. Finance, Public Sector, Fashion etc.
Whatever their specialty, PR companies are paid to gain publicity for their clients and brands. Since publicity is free, a fashion PR company or executive would be responsible for;
- Writing captivating pitches, distributing and following up on press releases to media houses.
- Building relationship with the press in order to have them write articles about your client.
- Organizing promotional events, shows and photo shoots that will improve the visibility of your client and make the brand stand out.
- Help to maintain a good public image for the brand.
- Assist with marketing initiatives and overall mission of the brand.
- Dealing with requests from the press, the public and celebrity endorsements.
In recent times, established and emerging fashion businesses are competing for pages in renowned publications and runways all over the world making public relations one of the most important tool for the fashion industry.
Faith Senam Ocloo
E’April Public Relations
Photosource: Apag Photography